We can't wait to meet you

Schedule a visit Apply to Lyon

Transfer Credit Policy

Transfer Credit Policy

Lyon College will transfer all courses from accredited two-year and four-year institutions of higher learning, provided the courses are in areas of instruction offered by Lyon and the grade earned was a "C" or better. (Pass/Fail courses will transfer if the student can demonstrate that the grade earned would have been a "C" or better.)

Normally, Lyon College will not accept correspondence course work. Transferred grades will appear on the student's transcript, but will not be figured into the Lyon College GPA.

Academic Probation or Suspension from Another Institution

Students academically suspended from another institution must wait at least one semester before being admitted to Lyon. They and students on academic probation at another institution will be admitted to Lyon on academic probation.

Physical Education Requirement

Transfer students are required to take a physical education course at Lyon College for each year of full-time enrollment (or its equivalent) at Lyon College. Participation in the military will be awarded physical education credit if it occurs while the student is enrolled at Lyon College.

Earning Credit from Another Instituion While Enrolled at Lyon

Students currently enrolled at Lyon College must obtain permission to take academic work at other institutions if they wish to transfer the credit earned to Lyon College. All Core proficiency courses with the exception of courses in foreign languages not offered at Lyon must be verified before credit is awarded.

Determining Course Equivalence for Transfer Credit

Lyon College reserves the right to determine course equivalence for transfer credit. Transcripts will be evaluated by the Registrar upon admission to the College, and students will be notified of their standing through their advisors. A maximum of 72 hours can be transferred to Lyon College from accredited two-year and four-year institutions of higher learning.