With the help of the Student Government Association (SGA), the College recently installed a Bouldering Wall near Edwards Commons. The wall features several challenging climbing angles and has a padded floor for safety. Students and community members alike have been seen climbing and having fun together on the wall. Climbers of all skill level are welcome to the Lyon Bouldering Wall on campus.
Bouldering is a form of climbing that does not require ropes or gear and is usually limited to shorter climbs. Bouldering involves more technique in short sequences instead of long endurance routes. Bouldering climbs are usually called problems and these are usually marked on artificial walls with different colored tape. The tape marks routes which mean that climbers should only grab the holds with that color tape on it to make it more challenging for the climber or to mix up the problems.
Rules and Regulations:
- Climb at your own risk!
- Climbing on the wall and or around the facility of the bouldering wall is done at your own risk.
- Lyon College is not responsible for any injuries or accidents
- No horseplay
- Spotting other climbers is encouraged
- Intentional jumping off the wall is not allowed
- Shoes are required; sandals and bare feet are not allowed for your safety and sanitation
- No Smoking within 50ft of bouldering wall area
- Please do not litter
- Please do not manipulate the tape, holds, climbing mat or the recycled tire as it is an essential part for safety at the wall
- Lyon College reserves the right to ask participants to leave the facility at any time for unsafe or inappropriate behavior
- Report problems on wall to the Outdoor Director @ 870-307-PLAY
- Climbing shoes and chalk bags are available for check out from the Lyon Education & Adventure Program office for the students, staff and faculty.
Enjoy, climb safely and pull hard!