I. By 2022, Lyon will have enrollment growth to a range between 1100 and 1250, recognizing the need for appropriate support of faculty and staff,
and continued nurturing of relationships between students, faculty, and staff.
1. Improve Lyon’s systems and processes based on reliable data
2. Utilize retention as a growth strategy
3. Develop a strong recruiting strategy
4. Increase, significantly, our public profile as a national liberal arts college
II. By 2022, Lyon will have a robust, interdisciplinary liberal arts academic program, enhanced by opportunities for experiential learning and a culture that fosters creativity and innovation.
1. Re-examine the core to enhance global scope and interdisciplinary connections
2. Promote innovative academic programs
3. Provide students with experiential learning opportunities
4. Provide substantive support for faculty and staff
III. By 2022, Lyon will have a diverse and inclusive residential community focused on educating the whole person.
1. Develop a diverse community
2. Enhance the residential experience
3. Develop and educate the whole student
IV. By 2022, Lyon will exemplify a broad based and fully engaged community including strong alumni connectivity and local/regional partnerships.
1. Expand and enhance service and outreach campus wide and via enhanced visibility in the community
2. Market and promote outreach and service engagement programs to highlight to the community the efforts being made by the College
3. Enhance alumni relations
4. Build on community relationships
Implementation, Assessment, and Reporting: The generation of operational and assessment plans is the responsibility of appropriate constituencies. Progress will be reported to the Strategic Planning and Budget Committee.
Faculty Assembly April 10, 2018
Staff Assembly April 13, 2018
Board of Trustees April 20, 2018
Lyon is more than just a college. It's a community distinguished by its academic curriculum, unique honor and social systems, and award-winning professors.