Lyon College alumni are very important to the Career Development program. All of our services are available to alumni as well as current students, so we invite you to explore the student resources link and let us know how we can help you on your career journey. We also hope that alumni will take an active role in helping current students succeed in reaching their career goals. We invite alumni to visit us at the Career Center, located on the lower level of Edwards Commons. We also invite alumni to call us at (870) 307-7227 or e-mail us at email@example.com.
There are many ways that you can stay involved:
College Central Network is our new career services management system. It provides a way for Lyon students and alumni to create a personal employment profile, and upload resume, portfolio, writing samples and other documents. It provides jobs and internship opportunities from dozens of national job boards.
Alumni may participate as both job seekers and as employers!
Lyon College Mentoring Network
At College Central you may also join a mentoring network of alumni, parents, and community members who are willing to invest time and energy into helping current Lyon students attain career success. After registering with College Central Network, you may also opt to join our mentoring network.
What do mentor network members do?
- Serve as mentors for current Lyon students
- Provide career advice to students and other members
- Share career stories
- Participate in campus events, such as panel discussions or career days
- Provide job shadowing experiences for students
- Serve as liaison between your employer and Lyon College
- Connect with students relocating to your geographic area
- Provide internships or summer job opportunities
- You choose your level of involvement!