Start Your Own Organization
Make your experience at Lyon College memorable. Start your own student organization!
If you have a great idea for a new organization on campus, follow the steps below to successfully start a new group.
- Create a constitution for your group
- Review Student Organization Constitution Guidelines
- Click here for an example of a constitution
- Find a faculty or staff member interested in taking on the advisor role
- Fill out the Starting a Student Organization Form
- If you're a returning organization, fill out the Returning Form.
- Email the form and constitution to Abby Beck, SGA Campus Life Committee Chair (firstname.lastname@example.org) for approval.
- If your student organization is approved, you will be able to reserve spaces for meetings, host events, and request money from the Student Government Association.