We can't wait to meet you

Schedule a visit Apply to Lyon

Immunization Records and Information


Dear Student,

Welcome to Lyon!!!! I am Jennifer, the Director of Health and Wellness (aka Campus Nurse). I wanted to send you a few details about our services as well as a few things that my office will require of you.

Immunization Requirements


I will need a copy of your immunization records. The state of Arkansas requires an official copy of your immunization records showing proof of 2 MMR (measles, mumps, rubella) immunizations. The records may come from your physician, clinic, hospital, health department, or any Arkansas school. Records from out of state schools cannot be accepted per state law. A copy of serological test showing immunity to these diseases can also be accepted.

Official means that the record contains a header, logo, physician or other medical professional signature, embossed stamp, or the name of the school to indicate the record’s source.

These documents are due prior to the start of classes in the fall or spring semester, and must be in the Health and Wellness office no later than JULY 31st., for fall semester and December 31st for Spring semester. If these are not submitted by the specified time a hold may be placed on your account until the requirements are met unless other arrangements have been made prior to classes starting.

Recommended Immunizations/Vaccines

The following are immunizations for incoming college students are RECOMMENDED by the Centers for Disease Control (CDC), the American College Health Association (ACHA), and Lyon, but are NOT REQUIRED. Vaccine-preventable diseases continue to occur on American campuses and this can be a good time to update any immunizations to help prevent these diseases.

NOT required but recommended (click on the vaccine name to learn more about each):


If you have received any of the above vaccines, please consider sharing the info with me so that I may have it on file.

Tuberculosis (TB) Screening

Foreign-born students born in a country where TB is endemic, who is not a permanent resident, and receives instruction in a room in which others are present, are required to undergo TB screening. Part-time students as well as full time students are included. The screening must be done in the US or Canada within 6 months prior to enrollment. Any student who has findings consistent with TB exposure must undergo additional evaluation and treatment. The office of Health and Wellness provides testing for TB using the T-spot test. This is a one-time blood draw done in the office and sent to a lab. There is no charge currently for this test if done on campus, however, if any other treatment or evaluation is required, the student will be responsible for any costs.

If you were born in one of the following countries TB testing is NOT required.

American Region: Canada, Saint Lucia, Jamaica, USA, Saint Kitts and Nevis Virgin Islands (USA)

European Region: Belgium, Luxembourg, Denmark, Malta, Finland, Monaco, France, Netherlands, Germany, Norway, Greece, San Marino, Iceland, Sweden, Ireland, Switzerland, Italy, United Kingdom, and Liechtenstein

Western Pacific Region: American Samoa, Australia, New Zealand

Some Services that the Health and Wellness office can provide:

  • Treatment for minor illnesses
  • Treatment for minor injuries
  • Dispensing of Over the Counter medications
  • Blood Pressure Checks
  • Blood Sugar Checks
  • Allergy Shot injections
  • T-Spot testing (For those requiring tuberculosis testing)
  • Education on illness and diseases
  • Referrals to area clinics if needed


I look forward to meeting you when the semester starts. If I can ever be of any assistance please don’t hesitate to reach out to me.

Contact Information

Office: 870-307-7425

Fax: 855-299-3278

Email: campusclinic@lyon.edu



Jennifer Morrison, RN, BSN

Director of Health and Wellness

Office located in Edwards Commons
Office: 870.307.7425  | campusclinic@lyon.edu