Lyon College

We can't wait to meet you

Schedule a visit Apply to Lyon

F-1 students are eligible for on-campus employment through Lyon College's work study program. Students may work on campus for up to 20 hours per week (each week) when school is in session. A new F-1 student may work up to but no more than 30 hours prior to the commencement of classes.

To be eligible for on-campus employment, an F-1 student must be enrolled as a full-time student and remain full-time. 

If you wish to pursue on-campus employment, you will need to apply for a Social Security Number (SSN). Employers and employees use an SSN for the purpose of reporting individual employee earnings for tax purposes. The SSN is valid for life, so you need only apply once. All F-1 students who have secured on campus employment are eligible for an SSN. For more information on how to apply for an SNN, click here.