The federal work-study program provides jobs for students with financial need so that they can earn money to pay for educational expenses.
At Lyon College, the program allows students to work either on or off campus. Work hours and pay may vary by position, but will be at least minimum wage.
Benefits of the Campus Employment Program
- It provides an income opportunity for students with financial needs
- It may often provide more flexible scheduling options than outside employment
- It provides valuable work experience in a variety of settings
- It helps students develop transferable work skills and competencies
- It engages students in campus and community life and activities
- It builds useful connections with faculty, staff and community
- It develops potential contacts for future employment or job references
The program is coordinated by the Financial Aid Office. For more information, call the Financial Aid Office at (870) 307-7250.