Apply for UBMS
Review the following eligibility requirements for the Upward Bound Math-Science program before applying:
- Students must be a U.S. citizen,
OR a National or Permanent Resident of the United States,
OR provide evidence from the Immigration and Naturalization Service of intent to become a Permanent Resident of the United States
- Students must be enrolled in the 9th, 10th, 11th, or 12th grade
- Students must be enrolled at one of the UBMS program’s target schools
Target Schools: Cave City, Mammoth Spring, Highland, Mountain View, Nettleton, Pocahontas, West Memphis
- Students must meet ONE of the following two criteria:
- Live in a low-income household as determined by the U.S. Department of Education; defined by the family's taxable income for the preceding year and the total number of people living in the household
U.S. Department of Education Low-Income Levels: https://www2.ed.gov/about/offices/list/ope/trio/incomelevels.html
- Be a potential first-generation college student, meaning that neither of the student’s legal guardians have completed a bachelor’s degree to date
There are several steps in the UBMS program application process as described below:
- The student completes the online application
- The UBMS staff obtain a copy of the student’s high school transcript
- The UBMS staff contact the student’s guidance counselor to complete a recommendation form
- The UBMS staff contact the student’s current math or science teacher to complete a recommendation form
- The UBMS staff reach out to the student and their legal guardian(s) to schedule a virtual interview
Please complete the online application linked above.
If you have any questions or concerns, please contact the UBMS staff via email (firstname.lastname@example.org) or via phone at (870) 307-7009.
The UBMS staff look forward to reviewing your application!