International Student Checklist
Please provide the following documents or information to the Admissions office at Lyon College, by mailing them to:
Office of International Admissions
P.O. Box 2317
Batesville, Arkansas 72503
Attn: Transfer and International Student Recruiter
Effective Oct. 27, 2008, all F-1 visa status students that have been issued an I-20 must pay a $200.00 fee for the administration of SEVIS. Form I-901 and the $200.00 fee must be completed and paid before a visa is issued. For detailed instructions on how to complete Form I-901 and how to pay your fee please go to www.fmjfee.com.
Every international transfer student MUST fill out and submit the SEVIS FORM I-20 Transfer to Lyon College document within 60 days of finishing at his/her current institution. Failure to submit this form within that timeframe will result in the student losing his/her ability to stay in the US to continue his/her education.
International Student Admissions Checklist
For All Freshman and Transfer International Students
The following materials and items are required for the application, admission, and enrollment processes. If you have any questions, please feel free to contact Lyon’s International Student Admission Representative at email@example.com or 1-800-423-2542.
- Lyon application for admission, plus $50 application fee
- Test score: Official ACT, SAT, TOEFL, or IELTS scores1
- 1-page (~250 word) personal statement describing why you want to enroll at Lyon2
- Proof of graduation from secondary school, certified by an NACES agency2
- (If applicable) Official transcripts from any US schools and/or universities attended2
- Completed Supplemental and Financial Information Form (below) and financial documentation in compliance with that form
- $200 deposit ($100 if not living on campus)3
Deposits can be made online at www.lyon.edu/deposit or by calling 1-800-423-2542.
— I-20 papers will be issued once all items above are received and accepted —
- Official immunization records4
- Housing3 and health forms (You will receive information on these in your deposit confirmation letter.)
- English placement and foreign language placement forms (You will receive information on these in your deposit confirmation letter.)
- Advance payment of 100% of student’s cost of attendance for first semester is due on August 1 for students entering the fall semester or January 1 for students entering the spring semester
All documents may be submitted by mail to Lyon College Admissions, PO Box 2317, Batesville, AR 72503. Personal statements may submitted by mail to the address above or by email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
1 For CONAHEC, Akita, ISEP, and Irish-American Scholar (tuition exchange) students, we will accept certification of these scores by your home university or your exchange program in lieu of official scores.
2 Not required for CONAHEC, Akita, ISEP, and Irish-American Scholar (tuition exchange) students.
3 Students under 21 years old must live on campus. Students exempt from this requirement must be married, a veteran, a parent with a dependent living with him/her, or over 21 years old. If you are under 21 and wish to request permission to live off campus, you may make that request to the Dean of Students, Dr. Bruce Johnston (email@example.com), in writing, prior to registration.
4 “Official” means they bear the name or seal of a physician, physician clinic, hospital, military or public health clinic, or an Arkansas school. As stated in the Rules and Regulations Pertaining to Immunization Requirements, acceptable records must state the “vaccine type and dates of vaccine administration... Terms such as ‘up to date’, ‘complete’, and ‘adequate’ etc. are not to be accepted as proof
of immunization.” Arkansas requires 2 MMR vaccinations (measles, mumps, rubella) OR proof of immunity by serological testing. (A copy of the test results will be required.) Records should not be scanned or emailed, but instead should be faxed to 1-870-307-7542 or mailed to Lyon College Admissions, PO Box 2317, Batesville, AR 72503.
Costs for the 2014/2015 Academic Year:
- Tuition and Mandatory Fees: $23,594
- Room and Board: $7,560
- Average cost of books: $1,000
- International insurance: $1,308
Many scholarship opportunities are available. The maximum scholarship awarded is $10,000.
Some helpful links are listed below: