Veteran's/Dependent's Benefits & Military Service Credit

Veteran's/Dependent's Benefits

Lyon College and its degree programs are approved to participate in the educational benefits programs offered by the Department of Veterans Affairs. The Registrar’s Office serves as the certifying office for those seeking Veteran’s or Dependent’s Benefits. Those interested in benefits must first apply before they can be certified. The Department of Veterans Affairs has provided a website containing information on the various programs available, the application process as well as other valuable information. The website may be found at

You may apply for benefits electronically or by paper. Please remember it can take up to six months to complete the application process. It is recommended you apply electronically to speed up the process.

If you have questions please contact the Registrar’s Office

Credit for Military Service

The College grants academic credit for learning acquired in the military in accordance with the Guide to the Evaluation of Educational Experiences in the Armed Services. The one exception to this is that the College will not accept military service as physical education credit unless it is taken concurrently with the student’s enrollment at the College.