SOAR- Student Orientation, Advising & Registration
Congratulations on choosing Lyon College! There’s no doubt that we’re a cut above the rest, providing one of the best liberal arts educations in the country. After submitting your enrollment deposit, the next step on the way to matriculating in the fall is to register for SOAR (Student Orientation, Advising, and Registration) this spring. You will need your student ID number and PIN to to register--they can be found in your deposit confirmation letter or you can email firstname.lastname@example.org to retrieve them.
SOAR is required for all incoming students, and for your convenience we have added an additional SOAR date in June and continue to take registrations for August:
· Friday, June 6 (full—registration closed)
· Friday, June 13 (new date—space available for NEW REGISTRANTS only)
· Saturday, August 9 (space available)
After arriving at the Edwards Commons at 8:30am, SOAR participants will get to know their faculty advisors, select and pre-register for their first semester of classes, and attend different orientation sessions dealing with living on campus and adjusting to the college lifestyle. Parents will meet with college administrators, begin the process of clearing the Business Office, and attend sessions on what to expect between now and their students’ matriculation in the fall. The day will include lunch.
Again, SOAR is required for all incoming students, so please register as soon as possible. We look forward to seeing you soon at SOAR!
Before you attend Student Orientation, Advising, and Registration; we need to get a little more information from you. Take care of the following checklist, and you’ll soar through SOAR (bad pun—we know). You MUST complete this checklist to attend SOAR.
Stuff to do TODAY!
• Submit your deposit (if you haven’t already)
• Log in to myLYON using your ID number and PIN, then navigate to the SOAR tab and register for SOAR (you must deposit to get your ID number and PIN; if you don’t know your ID number or PIN, contact us (800-423-2542 or email@example.com) us and we will retrieve them for you)
Exciting forms (we may be exaggerating) to fill out at the SOAR tab on myLYON after you register
• English Placement Form
• Foreign Language Placement Test (OPTIONAL, but if you have had two years of the language in the Sophomore and Junior or Junior and Senior years or more, we encourage you to take this test to see if you may be placed above the 101 level.)
• Health Form
• Housing Form and Contract (Only fill out if you will live on campus. As a reminder, most freshman are required to live on campus unless they commute from their parents' or guardians' primary residence within 30 miles of campus.)
Stuff to bring with you on SOAR day
The make, model, and license plate number of the car you plan to have on campus (if any) for your parking permit
A copy of your shot record if you haven't already submitted one (ask your parents)
- Apply Now!
- Deposit Online
- Schedule a Visit
- Junior Preview Day
- Honors Day
- Outdoor and ACT Prep Camp
- SOAR- Student Orientation, Advising & Registration
- Transfer Students
- Homeschool Students
- International Students
- Why Lyon?
- Financial Aid
- Academic Partnerships
- Find Your Representative
- Office of Business and Finance
- Office of Enrollment Services
- Send Me More Info