The purpose of the Institutional Advancement component is to promote the mission, priorities, and programs of Lyon College to its external audiences in ways that foster loyalty and commitment among its constituencies. Through the efforts of the staff in its departments of public relations, alumni relations, church relations, development, and Scottish Heritage, the component works together to inform its constituents and the public of the events, activities and progress of the institution, to initiate and support appropriate interaction between Lyon and its alumni and friends, and to foster relationships which are beneficial to both the College and its constituencies.
Thank you for being here.
You’ve made a choice to take a minute and glance over this part of the Lyon College operation, and we’re grateful.
The work of institutional advancement is to serve as a link between you and Lyon. We are here to help alumni, parents and friends of the college who:
- want to know more about Lyon
- wish to volunteer to help “advance” the cause of Lyon and
- who pledge to give or obtain financial support that will translate into more scholarships, better academic facilities and an endowment that will perpetuate for generations to come the quality of education being received by students here.
But this is a two-way street. We are interested in what you think, questions you may have about the direction of Lyon and suggestions you may have about how we can make the excellent programs, services and facilities here even better.
Lyon belongs to all of us – we are joint stakeholders in this unique institution investing in the most valuable resource of our present and future: our young people.
Lyon is stronger when we partner with each other, join forces in waving the Lyon banner and share ideas for enriching this experience and spreading the amazing secret of a Lyon education.
Enjoy your tour of the Web site. And if you see something that sparks your interest and piques your curiosity, we’re only a click away.
Thanks again for being here ... for us and with us.
- Kenton Adler, Instructional Technology and Prospect Research Associate, Telephone: 870.307.7548
- Jimmy Bell, Director of the Scottish Heritage Program, Telephone: 870.307.PIPE (7473)
- Gina Garrett, Executive Director of Advancement, Telephone: 870.307.7557
- Michele Howard, Database Manager for Advancement, Telephone: 870.307.7534
- Chandra Huston, Assistant Director of Communications, News and Media Relations, Telephone: 870.307.7488
- Taryn Duncan, Director of Alumni and Parent Services, Telephone: 870.307.7527
- Nell Tebbetts, Assistant Director of Marketing and Communication, Telephone: 870.307.7382
- Mirranda Sprayberry, Administrative Assistant to Institutional Advancement, Telephone: 870.307.7067
- Jon Vestal, Vice President for Institutional Advancement, Telephone: 870.307.7208