Lyon College alumni are very important to the Career Development program. All of our services are available to alumni as well as current students, so we invite you to explore the student resources link and let us know how we can help you on your career journey. We also hope that alumni will take an active role in helping current students succeed in reaching their career goals. We invite alumni to visit us at the Career Center, located at the West End of the Lyon Building. We also invite alumni to call us at (870) 307-7227 or e-mail us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
There are many ways that you can stay involved:
LYONetwork is a community of individuals associated with Lyon College who are willing to invest time and energy into helping current Lyon students attain career success.
What do LYONetwork members do?
- Serve as mentors for current Lyon students
- Provide career advice to students and other members
- Share career stories
- Participate in campus events, such as panel discussions or career days
- Provide job shadowing experiences for students
- Serve as liaison between your employer and Lyon College
- Connect with students relocating to your geographic area
- Provide internships or summer job opportunities
- You choose your level of involvement!
LYONetwork also has a presence (with a group and discussion board) on both the Facebook social network site and on the LinkedIn professional network site. Let us know if you join either or both of these online networks, and we will send you an invitation to join the corresponding LYONetwork group!
LyonConnect is our new career services management system. It provides a way for Lyon students and alumni to create a personal employment profile and upload resume, cover letter, transcripts, writing samples and other documents. It provides advanced filtering and flexible, dynamic job search capability with access to 4.5 million jobs and internship opportunities from dozens of national job boards. ALUMNI MAY PARTICIPATE AS JOB SEAKERS AND AS EMPLOYERS!