Lyon College is committed to making its web site accessible to all it's students and employees. Below you will find accessibility information for this website.
Most browsers support jumping to specific links by typing keys defined on the web site. On Windows, you can press ALT + an access key; on Macintosh, you can press Control + an access key.
All pages on this site define the following access keys:
- Access key 1 - Home page
- Access key 2 - Contact Us
- Access key 3 - Readable Sitemap
- Access key 4 - Accessibility Page
- Access key 5 - XML Sitemap
- This site uses Cascading Style Sheets (CSS) for visual layout and utilizes media, print and mobile CSS.
- This site uses relative font sizes for all content areas, compatible with the user-specified "text size" option in visual browsers.
- If your browser or browsing device does not support stylesheets at all, the content of each page is still readable.
- Many links have title attributes that describe the link in greater detail, unless the text of the link already fully describes the target.
- Whenever possible, links are written to make sense when read out of context.
- Many browsers (such as JAWS, Home Page Reader, Lynx, and Opera) can extract the list of links on a page and allow the user to browse the list separately from the page.
- Link text is never duplicated; two links with the same link text always point to the same address.
- The site contains a readable sitemap, an XML sitemap and an error page with readable sitemap.
Lyon College has endeavoured to make its website compatible with all browsers. However, if you are using an older browser, you may see inconsistencies in the presentation of pages. It may help you to download a newer version of a browser to improve your general Internet experience.
The following are available to download for free:
All shell images include descriptive ALT attributes and placement of ALT attributes with content images is prompted. Purely decorative graphics include descriptive ALT or null ALT attributes.